Thursday, May 11, 2006

run like a kid.

i'm just back from a fantastic 6 mile run. i figured out a great loop from my house that's (relatively) exhuast and pedestrian free. i love it. i went out today with no watch and no time restraints. it's about 55 degrees here, super windy, and raining. it was PERFECT. i had nothing on my mind other than splashing through puddles and laughing at the strange looks i was getting from people driving by.

i think everyone needs days like this, days to be a kid again, days to remember why you started doing this in the first place: because it was (and is) FUN!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Yesterday I had similar run. It was beyond great. Maybe about 1 hour in the Villa Pamphili park. Talk about being kid-like: I have this growing craving for uneven terrain so I find myself running on tree roots, cobblestones, the moraines left by water runoff, slippery leaves, gravel, mud, high grass, puddles, potholes and the like. No time to worry about the watch. You have to read the terrain like an organic punch card trying to keep your balance, feet hugging the surface, going boing, boing, boing... pure pleasure :)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home