Saturday, May 13, 2006

wanted: fast-twitch muscle fibers.

i decided to wrap up the week with a 6 mile route straight over to the lake. (this was a bad idea, incidentally - soooo many stop lights.) that put me at about 29 miles for the week, which seems about right (after 30 last week and 28 the week before) - maybe even a little high for me right now. regardless, i'm feeling injury-free, which is a godsend.

anyway, as i trudged through the first five miles or so of today's run, i got to thinking. i need: 1) a day off - tomorrow; 2) some sleep - i've been having "keep you up half the night" cramps; and 3) some fast twitch muscle fibers. anyone know where i can stock up on the third? i figured they're not going to come to me from nowhere so i kicked it up a notch on the last 3/4 of a mile or so of my run and felt pretty good. mechanically, anything around 9 minutes or faster feels the best, but my body is just not strong enough to keep that up right now. oh well, someday, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep is good, a day off (or two) per week is a definite, and if you know where I can get a secret stash of fast-twitch muscle fibers, do share! I have 0, zilch, none of them :)

29 miles is fantastic! WOW. I am aiming to get 28 this week and I forgot how much that actually is until I had some down time. I cannot even imagine creeping back into the 50s and 60s.

You are doing so awesome, carrie :)

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pick a day this week (probably evening??) and let's run! i need to borrow some of your enthusiasm to get me started again :)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home